So, it’s time to buckle down and start again with trying to be daily and doing it right.
Currently drinking my first diet soda of the day and trying to convince myself to make it the ONLY diet soda of the day. I hear they are really worse for you than you think — especially in terms of dieting, which I need to get back to after the huge lapse in everything lately. (On the other hand, Wyndie has nominated me for Beautiful Blogger. I need to figure out all the things to do, and tomorrow will post more about that. 😉 Thanks, sis!)
On the other hand, I got my Zumaya slush pile emptied for the new year, and sent in my Steampunk manuscript on Sunday as scheduled, so some progress was made.
I have BIG goals this year:
1) I am going to try to tame my house again.While we are still marginally better than we were last year at this time, there has been a lot of backsliding since my back problems, and I need to pretty much start over. I’ll be taking Before pictures soon. May get them up today, may not.
2) I am going to try again to lose that weight I want to drop. Trying Lose It! as my main logging site this year, and it looks like my sisters are joining me for mutual support. I will be posting progress, as that helps keep one on track and honest. 😛
3) I am going to try and write to a schedule this year. So many words or revisions a day. My initial goal is 2000/5000, but reality may demand that revise down. Sure there will be days I don’t make it — but having a fixed goal is useful for perseverance. This may help me pound out some of the manuscripts that have been in various stages of completion for years. And help with my final resolution:
4) I am going to try and submit at least one thing a week. Just think — even one thing a week is 52 new pieces out into the world a year. That sounds terribly impressive, doesn’t it? 😉 Jim Reader, my favorite partner in writin’, suggested that all his writer friends have one day a week as “A Day-of-No-Excuses…” where a publicly declared goal is stated and committed to. I chose Sunday, and submitted The Conn-Mann Chronicles I: The Marvelous Mechanical Man to Zumaya on time as promised. I intend to keep Sunday as my day, and get something out into the world every week. Join us in this goal? It can be any writing task you have been putting off. 😉
So, to recap:
1) Clean up my house (the purpose of this blog, after all)
2) Clean up my body (losing all this trash weight)
3) Clean up my mind (by getting all these plot bunnies out of it)
4) Clean up my files (by sending out those pesky teenager writing projects that have been freeloading around my computer to get a job!)
What will you do this year?
Today I cleaned — a cabinet and counter in my kitchen, washed a large load of dishes — freeing up the sink– and washed a load of clothes.
Today I weighed — 190 (yikes! but still better than last year this time)
Today I wrote/revised — 3 chapters of revisions on Skellyman — just over 5000 words, which I think is a more realistic goal, and I will edit my resolution to reflect that.
Pics or cleaning didn’t happen:
Cabinet and Counter Before
and after. (Wineglasses from last night need to be hand-washed, and I didn’t get that far today.)
Felt pretty productive today. I’ll be back tomorrow. 🙂