Obviously, I haven’t been blogging here. I said this was the last chance for this blog, so if I don’t get my act in gear, I will be closing it down at the end of the year. I really don’t want to do that, because when it is working, it really does motivate me to work on my house. So, I thought I would codify some things and see if it could jump start things again.
1) I hate that I haven’t been blogging regularly. How will I fix it? Add blogging–at least a little each day–to my list of daily chores. The dailies seem to be getting done, so if I add it to the routine, hopefully, this will get done too.
2) I hate that my house never actually gets any cleaner. How will I fix it? Well, if I am blogging daily, I will need something to talk about. So, every day I should be able to get at least one chore done. That’s my theory, at least.
3) I hate the clutter. How will I fix it? Every day I will figure out a way to give away, sell, or trash one or more items. If I include what it was in my daily blog, then it should become routine–and another daily to do. 🙂
4) I hate my disorganization. How will I fix it? Every day, I will try to sort through something. A box, a drawer, a shelf, something. I’ll also put that in my blog.
5) I hate that I can’t even get into my office to use it. How will I fix it? Every day I will work on my office so that I can actually get into it and organize it. These trials will probably be blog posts. And may wind up as some of the things above. 🙂
One thing I have learned–if you over reach, nothing will be accomplished. I want to make this work, so I am going to stop there. This is a manifesto of sorts. I have blogged today, so I will start tomorrow on all of these steps. That’s fair…isn’t it? 😉